No Pilates classes on Monday 29th May & 5th June . Also no classes on Tuesday 30th May & 6th June. My pilates classes will start back at the Grainstore on Monday 12th June & Tuesday 13th June.
Improvers/Intermediate Level Pilates & Relaxation with Shirley from Core Pilates Cork
Some benefits of Pilates:
Pilates is an intelligent mindful movement exercise:
- Increases stability for the pelvis and shoulders.
- Boosts efficiency of body movement.
- Longer leaner muscles.
- Complements training for athletes by enhancing the athletes training programme. Helps with injury prevention and performance.
- Increased muscle strength and tone of the abdominal muscles, pelvic floor, lower back, hips and buttocks (which are the core muscles of the body) also helps strengthen arms and legs.
- Balanced muscular strength on both sides of the body.
- Improved posture, coordination, and mobility.
- Helps with relief from stress and gain a stronger back.
- Rehabilitation – Pilates is a safe and effective method of rehabilitation and exercise that focuses on muscular balance.
- Heightened mind body awareness.
- Better fitness and general well-being.
- Improves body alignment.
- Increased flexibility, mobility, balance, coordination, strength, and stability
Class delivered by STOTT Pilates Certified Pilates Instructor.
Shirley is also certified in Prenatal & Postnatal Pilates and also in Injuries & Special Population Pilates . The Injuries & Special Population Pilates equips the instructor to address physical challenges amongst its clients such as addressing weaknesses, rehabilitation, health conditions, injuries and postural problems.